This website was developed as part of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Contract No. 24576 for Plant Breeding E-Learning in Africa.
Plant Breeding E-Learning in Africa is a partnership between Iowa State University and the following institutions:
- Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
- Integrated Breeding Platform (IBP)
- University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN)
- Makerere University (MAK)
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST)
Improved MSc in Cultivar Development for Africa (IMCDA)
The PBEA e-curriculum supports the IMCDA project managed by Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA). IMCDA integrates internships, faculty upgrading, and the expansion of in-house breeding programs for training purposes, with the objective of comprehensively modernizing plant breeding education in Africa.
Associated Departments and Centers at Iowa State University
- Agricultural Education and Studies
- Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Agronomy Distance Programs Development Laboratory